ISO 45001 has been published and will replace BS OHSAS 18001 as the accepted Health and Safety standard. If you have BS OHSAS 18001 you have until March 2021 to convert your system, after which your current certification will no longer be valid.
Certification to ISO 45001 is a demonstration to your customers and employees that you take Health and Safety matters seriously. As with BS OHSAS 18001, it forces you as a business to formally address the key Health and Safety issues within your organisation.
ISO 45001 is written in the same format as other ISO standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, and is therefore fairly easy to integrate into a combined management system.
- Benefits of certification to BS OHSAS 18001 include:
- Demonstrating compliance with all relevant legislation
- Optimising working conditions throughout your business
- Proactively identifying risks and hazards
- Improve profitability by reducing accidents and related downtime
- Assuring staff and prospective staff that they will have safe working conditions
- Improving your success rate in winning tenders
- Potentially reducing accidents in your work place
Given the increasing focus on Health and Safety issues, it is likely that there will be considerable demand for the new standard and it may become mandatory in some industries.
We are experts in ISO 45001 and can advise you either on how to get to certification or, if appropriate, how to convert your existing 18001 system to the requirements of the new standard.
Please contact us for more information.